Describing WHAT you do is 3% of what you need to attract clients. Describing WHY you do it is the other 97%.
Clients don’t buy the WHAT. They buy the WHY.
We live so much in our analytical mind as professional people (proposals, invoices via cadency, quarterly reports, SOPs and the other 27 things on your ‘to do’ list) that getting to your WHY can be challenging because it requires getting out of your analytical, logical mind and into what’s important to you, what motivates you as a human. Those are two VERY different parts of your brain.
So: identifying your WHY is necessary but it’s really hard to do yourself.
Here’s an *actual* *literal word-for-word* conversation I had with a client to show you WHERE THE JUICY is and why it takes more than one lick to get to the center of a tootsie pop:
What do you do?
“I build things.”
“I like building things?”
“I like making spaces for people that they really enjoy.”
“Because the spaces people spend time in matters to their quality of life.”
“Well, I believe when humans are connected to their environment, they feel grounded, and whole. A great working space, a great building can bring sense to a senseless world.”
Did you hear the WHY?
Do you see how hard it was to get there?
To get more payment notifications in your inbox, I suggest getting yourself someone (🙋🏻♀️) who will badger the SHIT out of you about your WHY.
If you’d like help building your Brand Strategy, including your WHY, I’d love to help. OR: if you know your WHY already, I’d love to hear it What’s your brand’s WHY?